Squareshot does not accept orders by phone or in person. We’ve custom built our Order Form for optimal workflow organization and efficiency. Any discussions, additional information, or special instructions should be in writing (order form or email). This is the only way we can avoid misunderstandings or situations where information was lost or hasn’t been heard.
The client is responsible for providing clear directions without leaving anything open to interpretation or assumption. Clients who understand their vision and take time to provide thoughtful directions and follow our requirements have the best experiences with us. Please note that if you don’t tell us what you want your images to look like, you will most likely be charged for any potential revisions.
Squareshot is responsible for products damaged during the shoot and will issue a refund equal to the retail price of the product.
Squareshot is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdelivered, or damaged packages and products prior to receiving them into our studio or for packages and products once they have left our studio.
By sending your products to be imaged by Squareshot, you are allowing us to remove retail tags and/or other packaging materials if necessary to shoot the requested images. If you would prefer to keep the tags or packaging material on, let us know but be advised it may affect the order price and turnaround time.
If you have a few people involved, please select only one person who will be responsible for collecting feedback and communicating with us to avoid any misunderstandings or a bystander effect.
How many revisions included in the order?
Each order includes 1 round of revision that requires a reshoot and 2 rounds of revision that do not require a reshoot. Once we receive a complete, structured list of edits from you, we will let you know if the images require reshooting or if they can be fixed by our retouching team.
How to provide revisions?
Gather all revisions and send a complete, structured list of what needs to be edited from everyone involved at once, including images with marked areas that you want to change or improve. Please provide clear directions without leaving anything open to interpretation or assumption. This is the fastest way to finish the order.
- Please do not provide edits separately in numerous emails such as: A small adjustment here. A color edit there. One last comment. And one more, etc. Please keep our conversation organized and efficient. Clients who spend more time to provide thoughtful revision directions and follow requirements have the best experiences with us.
- Please note, we do not accept revisions by phone or in person. Any edits should be in writing (Dropbox comments or email). This is the only way we can avoid misunderstandings or situations where information was lost or hasn’t been heard.
Revision time frame
We accept revisions that require reshooting by email or Dropbox Comments (Dropbox account required) within 5 business days from the time you receive the email to download the images and only if we have the actual products in the studio. After 5 business days, we will send the products back to you and reshoot requests will no longer be accepted.
If you need your products ASAP and you don’t want to wait 5 business days, you can approve the images by clicking the Approve button in the email with the completed images. In this case, revisions that require reshoot will no longer be accepted.
We accept revisions that do not require reshoot within 10 business days from the time you receive the email with completed images, even if we don’t have the actual products in the studio.
After 10 business days from the time the order has been completed all revisions will be paid.
Revision turnaround time
If revisions require a reshoot it will take our standard order turnaround time.
Revisions that do not require reshoot usually take up to 3 business days.
What revisions are paid and what are free?
- Any revisions made due to Squareshot’s failure to follow any shooting directions and image specifications from the order form.
- Any revisions made if the final images do not match to the images we previously shot for you.
- Revisions made due to Squareshot’s failure to follow requested angles.
- Matching the color based on the carefully provided directions or references. Color matching means that we will match the color of the image to the actual color of the product. It is important to understand that color matching is not the same as recoloring.
- Changing reflections on the shiny products (including jewelry and watches) if the final images do not match the examples provided.
- Revisions made if the products have been shot upside down or by using the wrong sex of the mannequin or any other severe errors.
- Removal of few folds/wrinkles or making it softer.
- Decreasing the size of the image.
- Decreasing the paddings of the image.
- Changing the size, intensity or color of the shadow.
- Adding sharpness to the images. Please note that white products on white background may seem soft but in fact they have the same sharpness as other images. This is an optical illusion caused by of lack of contrast between the product and the background.
- Any changes in the task after the shoot has been started or the final images have been sent to the client. Here are the most common changes: change the angle or layout or add new angle, remove the shadow, change the background, increase image size, decrease paddings, add some props etc.
- Revisions due to unclear directions from the client which were open to interpretation and assumption.
- Any instructions or additional “wishes” that haven’t been specified in the order form prior to the start of shooting.
- Revisions made after the revision time frame has lapsed.
- Recoloring the product. Please note that recoloring is not the same as color matching. If you want to change your product from, say, red to blue, it will be paid.
- Changing the shape of the items that have been shot on a mannequin or as a flat lay, if the client didn’t provide examples with a specific shape of the item before we started.
- Revisions based on the examples that haven’t been provided before beginning the shoot.
- Revisions based on incorrect examples provided before the shoot. For example, the actual type/category or shape of the product doesn’t match the example provided.
- Complete removal of all foldings/wrinkles if the client hasn’t specified “no wrinkles” in the order form.
- Adding folds if the client specified “no wrinkles” in the order form.
- Removing significant defects in the product that cannot be attributed to the quality of the images. The client is responsible for providing high-quality products without defects.
- Changing reflections on the shiny products (including jewelry, watches and belts) if the final images match the examples provided.
- Revisions made to the final images, if the final images match the test shot provided by us before proceeding with the whole order.
- Revisions made after you left it on us and didn’t communicate what you want your images to look like before we began shooting.
To avoid paid reshoots we highly recommend the following:
- Provide clear directions without leaving anything open to interpretation or assumption.
- Understand your own vision and take time to fill out the order form carefully.
- Follow our requirements.
- Choose the free add-on “Shoot a test image first” in the order form.
Still have questions?
Squareshot is a New York-based photo studio that offers sharp, high-resolution, color-accurate product photography of Flat Lay and Ghost Mannequin Apparel, Jewelry, Cosmetics, Watches, Bags, Shoes and all types of Accessories for Online Stores to increase their sales and decrease order returns.
© 2018 Squareshot.